Terms and Conditions for Quoote.com
Quoote.com (hereafter referred to as “Website”) is owned and operated by Interweb Media Limited (hereafter referred to as “Interweb Media”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3819705, whose registered address is Bury House, 1-3 Bury St, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4AW, United Kingdom.
Quoote.com is a trading name of Interweb Media Ltd who are an Appointed Representative of Eversure Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 6751893, whose registered address is Bury House, 1-3 Bury St, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4AW, United Kingdom, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 501311. Eversure Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under FSA number 501311 and are authorised to arrange and deal as an agent with respect to non-investment insurance policies. We are neither an insurance broker nor financial broker.
You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Interweb Media Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration no Z1215237.
Eversure Limited (‘Eversure’) owns and operates a number of different insurance websites, details of which may be found here: http://www.eversure.com/myfinance. However, Interweb Media Ltd is a completely separate business and we show no bias towards Eversure
Terms that we may use
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means Interweb Media, trading as Quoote.com and ‘you’ and ‘your’ means any person who accesses and uses this Website.
An ‘insurance company’ may include finance companies and other reputable firms authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA’). Being authorised by the FCA does not constitute an endorsement.
- By using this Website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this Website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access or use this Website.
- We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this Website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on this Website then the latter shall prevail.
- You agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of this Website.
- Quotes for private cars or vans that are provided after using Quoote.com are only available to residents of the United Kingdom that require insurance within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Some providers may not quote for all regions, for example, not every insurer will provide cover for Northern Ireland residents.
The Service we provide on this Website
- The service that we provide on our website is free to use and for the personal use of individuals only. You may not use our services or the results of our services for any commercial purposes.
- We may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone, SMS or email about our current and new products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We do not favour any one insurer over another and our providers are listed in no particular order.
- All policy benefits quoted are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria of the respective insurer.
- Any premiums we may quote are for indicative purposes only and you should not rely on these figures as a firm or guaranteed price. You will need to visit each insurer to establish a firm price for your insurance requirements.
- The decision to purchase insurance through any of the insurers featured on this Website remains with yourself and you should satisfy yourself that the insurance cover offered meets your demands and needs by reading the policy wording and policy summary documentation made available to you prior to purchase. Any cancellation rights will be detailed in the documentation issued by the insurer.
- Information (and indicative premiums if displayed) on this Website are subject to change without notice.
- If you wish to take out insurance cover from one of the companies that quoted after visiting our site then you should contact the company direct.
- We take no responsibility for arranging or administering any policies displayed on this Website, you should contact the relevant insurer directly.
- Check your details on the insurer’s website carefully before proceeding to accept their quote. If you choose to accept a quote from a third party obtained using Quoote.com, your contract will be held directly with the insurance company and the insurance company’s own terms and conditions will apply. We will not be a party to this contract.
- We have no records of the products that you may purchase after using our site. Please keep a record of the company that you purchase your insurance or financial product from.
- We may receive a commission or fee from any 3rd parties that feature on this site whether or not you purchase a policy or product after using any of our services.
On-site form requesting up to 6 quotes
- In order that you may compare a number of insurance quotes against one another, this Website aims to provide you with up to 6 quotes from a panel of carefully selected insurance companies. We do not compare the whole market. Most providers will send their quotes by email, but you could receive further emails or phone calls from our providers to obtain additional information. You should not receive any other communication from any of the providers other than those outlined in these Terms & Conditions. While we cannot guarantee this we do have contractual arrangements in place to prevent our providers from doing this, so please let us know if you receive any unwarranted contact from providers that feature on our site.
- Based on the information you provide us, you will receive a selection of quotations that meet your criteria. This information will be provided to you by each insurer individually.
- After submitting a quotation request on Quoote.com, you agree that you may receive an initial email from us. This email is intended to confirm that you have requested a number of quotes using Quoote.com website and that you may be contacted by a number of different providers. Annually we will also send you another email in order to remind you that your renewal is due. This is part of the Service that we provide and you cannot therefore opt out of receiving our initial email. You may unsubscribe at a later date.
- In order to keep the quote request form to a minimum, when you complete a request for a quote we make a number of assumptions about you. For example, we do not ask about any medical conditions and therefore assume that you have none. This could affect your insurance premium when you receive your quotes. The quotes that you receive will be based on these assumptions. Before proceeding with the insurance contract, it is your responsibility to advise the insurance company of any incorrect assumptions when you receive your quote.
- We do not compare every single available financial product ('whole of market'). We only compare companies where we have received their express consent to feature them and use their logos and trademarks. We do not provide advice, therefore the information that is displayed has been provided by the providers themselves. Occasionally, information may become out of date as the providers have not updated us with any changes. Therefore, please do not rely solely on our output. Check their site before proceeding.
- We're not recommending any products or guaranteeing the standard of the service they provide. It is the responsibility of the provider to display information on their websites correctly.
- Star ratings that appear on our site have been compiled from independent customer reviews obtained by 3rd parties on behalf of the providers and are not professional assessments or recommendations.
- If our comparison tables and your combined research do not help with your decisions then we suggest that you get independent financial advice from a qualified professional.
- There are a number of specialist insurance intermediaries or brokers that already carry-out a very valuable service and obtain quotes across a large proportion of the market. Therefore, we may not be best placed to try and replicate their function. In these circumstances, we may direct you to their site and require your consent when doing so. Due to our partnership we have given them permission to use the branding of Quoote.com. The URL of the website will no longer be ‘www.quoote.com’ in these circumstances.
You warrant to us and the insurer that all of the information that you provide during your quote request is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information used by the insurer in arranging your insurance policy is correct. You may not hold us responsible in any way for any omissions or inaccuracies in the insurance policy that you take out from the insurance company or broker, whether or not they are feature on this website.
We are neither an insurance broker nor financial broker and are therefore unable to advise on the product’s suitability and whether it meets your requirements or circumstances. It is your responsibility to discuss your insurance requirements and/or circumstances with the insurer or broker before taking out your insurance policy or entering into any other financial arrangement. Failure to do this could result in you purchasing a financial product which is not suitable for your needs and, if you have arranged insurance, it may be inadequate or invalid were you to make a claim. If your insurance is inadequate or invalid, you could also be liable for any third party costs in the event of an accident.
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on this Website and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Interweb Media or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any this Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of this Website content requires the prior written permission of Interweb Media.
- The names, images and logos identifying Interweb Media or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Interweb Media and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Interweb Media or any other third party.
- All material contained within our website is © Interweb Media Limited 2014 unless otherwise stated. Information that we provide on our website may be downloaded and printed for your personal use but you must not otherwise copy, reproduce or redistribute any part of our website without our prior written consent.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- This Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Interweb Media, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. To the extent permitted by law, Interweb Media excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Interweb Media does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the Website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Interweb Media is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Interweb Media for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Website caused by or arising directly or indirectly in connection with any use or reliance on the contents of our website or our quote comparison service except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Interweb Media’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Interweb Media shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- Loss of data;
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
- loss of business;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- losses suffered by third parties; or
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this Website regardless of the form of action.
- Interweb Media do not warrant that functions available on this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of Interweb Media to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Interweb Media’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Contacting Interweb Media about these Terms and Conditions
Should you have any questions relating to these Terms and Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us in writing at the following address:
Interweb Media Limited
1-3 Bury St
Our office opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls may be recorded for training, quality and monitoring purposes.